About the practice
Goolwa Medical Centre is a rural practice providing comprehensive personal care to the Fleurieu region. The team of experienced healthcare practitioners and staff at our practice are committed to providing quality family medical care.
Goolwa Medical Centre accepts new local patients.
Telephone appointments cannot be booked via our online Automed system. Please be advised there may be a gap charged for telephone appointments.
With continuing cost increases and a Medicare rebate provided to patients to offset their medical costs that does not keep pace with the inflation/CPI or the increased staffing and procedural costs the practice incurs, the following changes in fee structure will commence as of 3 January 2023.
This will enable the practice to continue offering the wide variety of services and procedures to benefit the community in which it resides.
The practice understands the economic stressors are currently widespread and encourage anyone having genuine financial hardship, to discuss their particular barriers with the doctor in charge of their care.
The following consults will incur a gap payment which is payable on the day of your consultation. (Does not apply DVA patients or children 16 and under)
- Appointments made on the day with the duty doctor – with the exception of dressings
- Iron infusions: $50 – $80
- Toenail procedures: $80 – $100 (children will not be charged)
- INR’s –SA Pathology do not charge for this service, a $15 will be payable on the day if you do it at GMC
- Sports clinic – initial consult will be privately billed, any follow up appointments will be bulk billed
- All Saturday consultations
- Telehealth appointments may incur a gap fee, we require payment details at the time of booking, however, you will not be charged until after the consultation.
GENERAL PRACTITIONER VACANCY
Goolwa Medical Centre
Join a well-established practice in the popular Fleurieu Peninsula region. Located 80km south of Adelaide with the unique luxury of beachside and riverside living, you will be working alongside a team of experienced and supportive health professionals including 14 GP’s and full-time nursing support. GMC has established strong relationships with visiting specialists, pathology, pharmacy & cardiology, just to name a few. Our treatment room offers varied procedures including Implanon removal/insertion, iron infusions, ECG, toe wedge resection, punch biopsy and other minor procedures.
- Competitive remuneration
- Mixed Billing
- Contractor or employee option
- Full nursing support
- Busy practice with a varied and full patient list
- Start ASAP
- Permanent positions available
- Flexible hours to suit work life balance
- AGPAL accredited practice
- Onsite parking
Scripts will only be issues by appointment, either in person or over the phone.
Please note, phone appointments, including script appointments, can only be provided if you have been seen by your doctor at the clinic in the past 12 months.
Goolwa Medical Centre would like to acknowledge the Ngarrindjeri People, the traditional owners of this land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Plus a complete range of medical services.